Costco doesnt fuck around
What the ever-loving fuck
Costco doesnt fuck around
What the ever-loving fuck
- At least 5 Ferguson officers apart from Darren Wilson have been named in lawsuits
- Ferguson police accused of assaulting children
- Shaun King has 15 questions for Darren Wilson (storify)
- Ferguson protesters brace for no indictment
- Is it legal for the police to shoot an unarmed, surrendered citizen?
- Black teens are 21 times more likely to be shot by cops than white teens
- The Big List of Ferguson Live Streams
Secret Service: “Dammit, we need to stop playing hide and seek.”
Calvin Coolidge: “You lose.”
Also, apparently as President he often went to dinner parties he hated. Someone finally asked why he went. His reply: “Got to eat somewhere.” Source
This is a hairstyle timeline that is meant to cover the Taishō era (1912-1926). However the dates for many reference photographs were rather vague, so some might actually fall into Shōwa era (1926-1989). Regrettably I couldn’t cover EVERY single hairstyle from this period so please consider this to be a brief overview. There are no Geisha, Maiko, etc featured here; they will be covered in another fashion timeline someday.
Some interesting notes about Meiji-Taisho era from Liza Crihfield Dalby’s Kimono: Fashioning Culture (1993)
· “Men and women of Meiji had gulped up Western culture with all the indiscriminate enthusiasm of new converts. By Taishō, Japanese sensibilities vis-à-vis the West were much smoother. This was Japan’s political equivalent of the … social scene of the American Roaring Twenties. Japanese born during Taishō would enter adolescence as modern boys and girls. Significantly, women opened their closets to Western clothing during this decade. Kimono has lost space ever since.” (pg. 124)
· “By 1915 Japan was beginning to feel itself a world-class nation, more confident of its military strength and social development. Ordinary Japanese were inclined to look at their society in light of how life might be bettered by adapting foreign ideas, or made more interesting by acquiring foreign fashions. Borrowing from the West was of course not new, but it had now become a more reciprocal and respectable process.” (pg. 124)
· In the Meiji era “a few women cropped their hair, but these courageous souls were simply regarded as weird” and indecent (pg. 75)
· “If cutting the hair short was too radical [in Meiji Japan], as public reaction attests, women’s hair did gain a new option in the sokugami style, a pompadour resembling the chignons worn by Charles Dana Gibson’s popular Gibson girls. The further the front section, or ‘eaves,’ of the hair protruded, the more daring the style. The sokugami style bunched the hair, coiling it in a bun at the crown of the head. Unlike traditional coiffures, sokugami did not require the heavy use of pomade, pins, bars, strings, and false hair to hold its shape. Its appeal was promoted as healthier and more rational – hence, more enlightened- than the old ways.” (pg. 75)
"It’s not about keeping women out of gaming, it’s just about keeping women in their place.
THOSE ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS!”
(Also: does anyone actually refer to themselves as a ‘gamergater’? I’m picturing a douchebro crocodile with a fedora and anime-girl body pillow now.)
ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE
Well somebody finally gets it!
Every school should be like mine: four hours a day, three time slots you can attend (morning at 8, afternoon at 12, evening at 5), online classes in case you miss a day, english and math direct instruction, bus stop close by, you can graduate early if you want, you can switch time slots if you need to, and they respect if you have a mental disorder/want to be addressed by a different name or by diff pronouns. You can listen to music, too, and everyone is super chill. Small classes where everyone minds their own business and gets their work done. That is how school should be.
Heres an idea!
Go to bed at a reasonable hour.
Jfc our ancestors beat up bears and dinosaurs at the crack of dawn, and you lot are whining about “SCHOOLS UNFAIR CHANGE LESSON TIMES”
Alright buddy i’m gonna need you to sit the fuck down because i’m gonna lay some shit on you. I’m sure you had a great time in high school or college since you had the nerve to tell everybody to go to bed at a reasonable time. I don’t know if you’ve ever thought about it like this but maybe the reason why we don’t go to bed at a reasonable hour is because we can’t? WOW SHOCKING I KNOW.
Now I don’t know what high school was like for everyone else but for me it was fucking hell. During my senior year in high school i had over 3 hours worth of homework everyday. I get off school at 8 pm because of after school extra classes. I get home at around 9:30 and shower and it’s already 11. Well better do my homework if I want to pass this class!!! Time sure does fly when I do homework because wow it’s 3 am already. Time to finally sleep because wow humans need to sleep to have a healthy mind???? And then DING it’s 6am better wake up for school to start this routine all over again for the next 10 months. Over the span of my high school life I had over 10 emotional break downs and depression because of school. Shocking right? School can actually make some people sad and angry.
How the fuck would you feel if you were crammed in a classroom with over 40 students learning the same thing except you couldn’t understand shit so you had to study extra hard and spend more time on your homework than everyone else? Terrible right. Not everybody breezed thru school like you did.
School is different for everybody and everybody’s stress levels are different. Some schools give a fuck ton of homework while some don’t. Some people had fun in school and some didn’t. And I don’t know if you’ve ever thought about it like this but some people actually work after school. Wow students making a living to support their family that’s fucking crazy I didn’t even know that was possible. And don’t even get me started on AP students.
“Jfc our ancestors beat up bears and dinosaurs at the crack of dawn,” Are you seriously comparing us to our ancestors which we had nothing to do with? WHO GIVES A SHIT. DID THEY HAVE OVER 8 HOURS OF SCHOOL? NO. DID THEY HAVE THE STRESS OF NOT KNOWING WHAT TO DO FOR YOUR FUTURE? PROBABLY. BUT IT DOESN’T CHANGE THE FACT THAT WE WORKED HARDER THAN THEM, WE HAVE A TOUGHER LIFE, ADULTS EXPECT US TO AMOUNT TO SOMETHING BUT WILL WE? WE DON’T KNOW. WE HAVE MORE STRESS ON OUR MINDS THAN A PSYCHOPATH WITH A MENTAL DISORDER. AND YET WE’RE STILL LIVING, BREATHING AND WORKING HARD SO SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT GOING TO BED AT A REASONABLE HOUR BECAUSE WE FUCKING CAN’T.
HOLY SHIT THANK YOU
thank you SO MUCH //applause
ALSO DINOSAURS WERE LONG EXTINCT BEFORE HUMANS EXSISTED
More details about Disney’s Moana
Walt Disney Animation Studios revealed plans today for Moana, a sweeping, CG-animated comedy-adventure about a spirited teenager on an impossible mission to fulfill her ancestors’ quest. In theaters in late 2016, the film is directed by the renowned filmmaking team of Ron Clements and John Musker (The Little Mermaid, The Princess and the Frog, Aladdin).
In the ancient South Pacific world of Oceania, Moana, a born navigator, sets sail in search of a fabled island. During her incredible journey, she teams up with her hero, the legendary demi-god Maui, to traverse the open ocean on an action-packed voyage, encountering enormous sea creatures, breathtaking underworlds and ancient folklore.
“John and I have partnered on so many films—from The Little Mermaid to Aladdin to The Princess and the Frog,” said Clements. “Creating Moana is one of the great thrills of our career. It’s a big adventure set in this beautiful world of Oceania.”
“Moana is indomitable, passionate and a dreamer with a unique connection to the ocean itself,” Musker said. “She’s the kind of character we all root for, and we can’t wait to introduce her to audiences.”
Avatar the Last Toy Vender.
And of course Aang picks the wooden hand drum right? I actually based this hand drum design on a hand drum I used to play as a kid. Yeah that used to be one of my favourite toy, maybe I am the next Avatar who knows.
For a deeper relationship with me, you can follow me at: